Sunday, March 6, 2011

Before a PCV Heads Home

b
Before heading home, one volunteer hosted a lunch at the Blue Mountain Inn. Friends and colleagues were invited to enjoy good food and sunshine. My wife was amongst those invited. I tagged along. Occasions like this, along with being enjoyable in their own right, are wonderful reminders of the diverse groups of people that Peace Corps brings together. Very cool.


As an aside, I must confess that the background music being provided by local musicians was not what I would have expected:



Nonetheless, partygoers of all ages seemed to find an enjoyable groove:




In the end, a good time was had by all, and a good friend will be missed as she has since returned to life Stateside. Actually, all but one of the volunteers pictured here have gone home since I took this. And they are all missed sorely! (And I am so behind on this blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment